Penne Pasta with Sausage and Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup canned tomato, in thick puree
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb pork sausage
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice with the paprika, cumin, ginger, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and the cilantro.
- In a skillet, cook sausage and red peppers until pepper is almost soft.
- Let cool while pasta is cooking In a large pot of boiling water, cook the penne pasta, about 12 minutes or al dente.
- Add sausage and pepper to tomato sauce.
- Drain, then toss penne with the tomato sauce.
- Serve with parmigiano cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good. I added the sauce to the skillet with the sausage and pepper and kept it warm while the penne cooked. Tossed it all together and served it with a lot of fresh grated Parmesan cheese. We had a crisp salad and some warm garlic bread. Servd a nice red rose wine (Livingston's) to drink. This was an easy recipe that produced a very tasty dish. I will make this again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again