Margarita Mix Baked White Fish
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 fish recipe
- 2 lbs white fish or 2 lbs other thick white fish fillets such as red snapper, Catfish, Halibut etc
- 2 cups margarita mix (without the booze) or 2 cups enough just to cover the fish
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 of a lemon (juice only)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Marinate the fish in enough Margarita Mix to just cover the fish for 30 minutes, turning once. Do not leave longer than 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Melt the butter in the baking dish in the oven. Add lemon juice. Stir and add the fish. Cover with diced onions, salt and pepper and basil. Bake for about 30 minutes and turn. Season other side with salt, pepper, and basil. Cook until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle fish with paprika and set under the broiler for 2 minutes. Transfer to serving plate and spoon the sauce over the fish. Garnish with fresh parsely and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic! My husband goes fising all the time since we live near a coast line. I am always looking for a good baked fish recipe. This one hit the spot! The only thing I changed was that I did not have any lemons, so I substituted Weber Zesty lemon seasoning - just sprinkled a little on top of each fish fillet. WOW!