White Chocolate Icing
From Cake Central. -- their notes:"I have used this recipe for a lot of cakes. It is great for wedding cakes. Takes paste colors pretty well too."
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler.
- Stir flour into chocolate.
- Add milk a little at a time and blend well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until very thick.
- It should have the texture and consistency of thick pudding.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add cooled chocolate mixture and beat until icing is the consistency of whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
this is AMAZING!! for a perfect buttercream-like icing that made all my guests think that the cake was store-bought, use icing (or powdered) sugar, and be patient: add the milk in little by little, use a whisk to combine it into the choc/flour mix, and don't go anywhere- just keep watching and stirring!