White Chocolate Frosting
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped or 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Place chocolate, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt in food processor.
- In small saucepan, bring cream to boil.
- With machine running, add hot cream in steady stream and blend until chocolate melts, about 1 minute.
- Stop food processor and add confectioners’ sugar, processing until sugar is incorporated, about 30 seconds. While machine is running, add butter, a piece at a time, and process until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place frosting in medium bowl and refrigerate, stirring frequently, until cooled and very thick, at least 30 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when a spoon can stand up in it.
- TIP: This frosting produces a silky, creamy consistency. For a fluffier frosting, beat the cooled frosting with an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!