White Chocolate Ganache Frosting
photo by cmarchant
- Ready In:
2 cups, about
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a small, heavy saucepan, heat the cream just until it starts to simmer.
- Add the white chocolate, shaking the pan gently to immerse it into the cream, then add the butter.
- Let the mixture stand for 1 minute, then beat with a wire whisk until the chocolate and butter dissolve and the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate until mixture is cold, then whip with a wire whisk again until fluffy.
- Use frosting as desired; refrigerate your frosted goodies to firm up the frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I LOVE this frosting! Will definitely be using it again. To get the desired stiffness to frost a cake, whip mixture using a hand mixer over a bowl of ice cubes until desired stiffness. If becomes to stiff to spread on a cake, beat with hand mixer without the bowl of ice cubes at room temperature. When I used this recipe, I increased the amount of White Chocolate to 15 ounces. It came out beautiful. The cake was a HIT! =)
yuuuuummmmmmy! I varied this slightly as I was making the mars bar mud cake, so I melted a mars bar into the cream also, as I didn't have enough white chocolate. I started worry that it was too runny, but by the time I went to ice(you say frost) the cake, it was perfect consistency. I added about an extra 1/4 cup cream too when melting as per person belows omment, i didn't want mine too stiff. so i think that makes mine now a caramel icing!!
see 5 more reviews