White Chocolate Cheesecake With Macadamia Caramel Sauce
This is from Godiva and it is so rich and delicious, that you can only make this once a year! I didn't include cooling and chilling times. Don't let the instructions long list bother you - they are very simple and well written, if I say so myself.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 50mins
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) Godiva ivory chocolate bars, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
MACADAMIA CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Lightly butter 9-inch springform pan.
- Tightly wrap bottom of pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in bowl.
- Press mixture in bottom of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
MAKE THE FILLING:
- Place solid ivory, butter and cream in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium(50% power) for 1 minutes.
- Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened.
- Stir until smooth and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese in mixing bowl until smooth, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla and cooled solid ivory mixture, using low speed.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until top is slightly puffed and center is just firm.
- Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 hour more and prop open oven door.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
MAKE CARAMEL SAUCE:
- To toast macadamia nuts, spread on baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 8-10 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture turns light golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat heavy cream in another saucepan until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Gradually add hot cream to sugar mixture, stirring until blended.
- Cool completely.
ASSEMBLE THE DESSERTS:
- Loosen edge of cheesecake with a knife.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
- Cut into wedges.
- Add macadamia nuts to caramel sauce.
- Heat sauce over low heat and stir until sauce thins.
- Spoon over cheesecake wedges and serve immediately.
- Enjoy, you've earned it!