White Bean and Swiss Chard Soup (Like No Other)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This soup is a combination of a few different recipes I've been using over the years. But this one has such an amazing flavor profile- layering smoky, bright and fresh ingredients. Perfect for a cold winter day.
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems removed chopped into bite sized strips
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 fennel bulb, stems and core discarded, bulb chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 slices prosciutto, diced
- 1 (49 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free pasta shells (I use quinoa)
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 5 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- parmesan cheese, rind (optional)
- Over medium heat, sautee the onions and fennel until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, prociutto and red pepper flakes and sautee for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add beans, chicken stock and bouillon dissolved in water to the pan and bring to a low boil.
- Add pasta and cook al dente according to package (approximately 6 minutes).
- When pasta has about 2 minutes to go, add roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, swiss chard, sage, basil and nutmeg. Cook until chard is wilted but still a nice bright green.
- Add the juice of 1/2 lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve piping hot with grated parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION