White Bean and Apple Chili
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green apples, cut in tiny chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Use a 5-quart slow cooker; put the butter in the stoneware; dump in the beans.
- Add in the onion and apple; add the garlic, chili powder, thyme, cumin, salt, and pepper; pour in the broth.
- Stir in the yogurt; cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- The chili is done when the onion has softened and the flavors have melded.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese before serving; serve with cornbread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!