photo by pleiad7
- Ready In:
- 1 seedless watermelon (approx. 10 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, divided
- 1⁄2 cup simple syrup (1/2 water to 1/2 sugar, cooked)
- 3 limes, juice and zest of
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon new mexico chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Take half of the seedless watermelon and put in a blender. Pulverize with simple syrup if needed.
- Fine-dice the other half of watermelon and add to it.
- Mince half of the cilantro and add to the mixture; set the other half aside for garnish.
- Add the onion, peppers, jalapeno, and lime zest.
- Toast the chili powders and paprika in a pan on the stove. Add to the watermelon mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and avocado slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and raised in Germany and moved to Northern California at the age of 22 to complete my BA in Geography. I absolutely fell in love with the area, particularly Sonoma County, and decided to stay after I graduated and got hired as a CAD specialist and map editor at a small aerial survey firm. Today my husband and I live in the lovely town of Sebastopol with our dog Cody and cat Pumpkin. We both share a passion for cars and motorsports as well as photography. Currently we are in the process of building a side business as wedding and event photographers, and also display some of our work through local merchants. I usually enjoy eating out more than cooking at home, but we are members of a local CSA that supplies us with a box of fresh, organic veggies every week, and I have been making an effort to create healthy and delicious homecooked meals as much as possible lately.