Warm Chocolate Melting Cups
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These desserts are light and healthy. This recipe was the grand prize winner in the best of the light chocolate recipes in Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- In small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips, coffee and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and egg white until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to 10 (4 ounces each) ramekins coated with cooking spray.
- Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 inch of boiling water to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or just until centers are set.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION