Walnut Miso Paste
- Ready In:
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet, stirring and watching carefully to make sure they do not burn. Burning makes them bitter.
- Turn the walnuts into a paper towel and rub most of the skins off.
- Transfer the skinned and toasted walnuts into a food processor and process until as fine as you wish.
- Combine with the mirin, miso and sugar, stirring together well.
- Add desired amount to steamed veggies - a little goes far, you can always add more.
- Refrigerate remainder for up to a week or freeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My screen name is a diminutive in Lithuanian for bread, so you won't be suprised to learn that I love to bake bread. In recent years I have been baking a lot of sourdough breads and have several starters sitting in my refrigerator. But I like to cook a lot of other things, as well, especially from various cultures. The cat wishes I would concentrate on meat and fish... I joined a few years ago but started posting recipes and participating in forums just recently - I wish I had done so earlier. Recipezaar is a great community! Right now I am a co-host for the Breads and Baking and the Eastern Europe forums - I hope to see you there!