MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From What's Cooking America Optional:1/2 teaspoon diastatic malt (optional)***
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup sourdough starter, room temperature*
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (110 degrees F.)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast (I use Red Star Instant Active Dry Yeast)
- Place all ingredients in bread pan of your bread machine. Select dough setting and press start. When dough cycle has finished, dough will be very soft (between a batter and a runny dough). Remove dough from pan and place into a oiled large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in at room temperature approximately 1 1/2 hours or until tripled in bulk (dough will be sticky and full of bubbles).
- On a baking sheet, place a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle parchment paper with semolina flour. Turn the risen dough onto a flour dusted work surface. Pat dough (do not punch down) into a rectangle and dust with flour. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Press fingertips into dough in several places to dimple surface. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- At least 45 minutes before baking, place baking stones on lowest oven rack in oven and set the temperature to 500°F Allow the oven to heat for 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 400°F Transfer loaf (with parchment paper) to the hot baking stones. Bake 15 minutes or until pale golden. A good check is to use an instant digital thermometer to test your bread. The temperature should be between 200 and 210 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION