Vodka Lemon Chicken
photo by ncmysteryshopper
- Ready In:
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons vodka
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- black pepper
- Char the lemon slices on both sides in a pan over a high heat and set aside.
- Return the pan to a moderate heat and add the oil.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a small shallow bowl. Tip the flour into another shallow bowl.
- Dredge a chicken breast in the flour, and then in the egg mixture. Place immediately in the pan. Repeat with the remaining breasts and saute the chicken until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the vodka and loosen the flavor bits at the bottom of the pan by scraping with a wooden spoon.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, parsley, basil, capers, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the mixture reduces by about a quarter. Return the chicken and grilled lemon slices to the pan and toss.
- Serve the chicken breasts topped with the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!