Vietnamese Pomelo Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 pomelo fruit, bite sized pieced (or 2 very large sweet grapefruite or 4 smaller ones)
- 1 bell pepper, green, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, red, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 carrot, shredded (or chopped)
- 3 shallots, chopped (about 1/3 cup, use onion if no shallots at home)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped (spicier Asian best)
- 1⁄4 roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice (lemon ok)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh chili peppers, chopped (jalapeno or serrano)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (black ok)
- Toss all salad ingredients except the peanuts.
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients. Let is sit to develop the flavor.
- Pour dressing over the salad and stir gently.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the peanuts over the salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!