Victorian Raspberry Trifle
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- Cut or tear angel food cake into bite sized pieces. I use an electric knife for ease of cutting and to not squish the cake.
- Raspberries may be fresh or frozen. Frozen are absorbed into the cake better. Fresh make a better garnish. Use both if you like.
- Reserve as many raspberries & almonds as you desire for top garnish.
- Prepare pudding.
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla.
- Warm preserves until liquid.
- In a straight sided trifle bowl place half the cake cubes.
- Pour half the preserves over the cake.
- Sprinkle half of raspberries and half of almonds over the preserves.
- Cover with half the pudding.
- Cover with half the whipped cream.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, finishing with whipped cream.
- Chill at least four hours but overnight is best.
- Garnish with reserved raspberries and almonds just before serving.
- Garnish with mint if you like but it's beautiful without it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!