Vegetarian Sausage, Cheese & Egg Casserole
- Ready In:
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten (or 2 c refrigerated egg product)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- 6 vegetarian breakfast sausage patties, thawed and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- cooking spray
- 8 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley (optional)
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, cottage cheese, milk, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Stir spinach, Cheddar cheese, patties and onions into egg mixture. Pour into 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish, coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love easy, delicious recipes suitable for entertaining & my family.