Vegetarian Mexican Pita
- Ready In:
- 2 pita pockets
- 2⁄3 cup black beans (120g)
- 1⁄8 cup brown rice, dry (makes 1/2 cup cooked)
- 1 ounce fat free cheese (mozzarella or cheddar both work well)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- chipotle Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Cook dry brown rice according to directions.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Mix beans, brown rice, cheese, spinach, onion, cumin powder, and chipotle tobasco sauce in mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Separate mixture into two pita pockets.
- Place halves on backing sheet covered with tin foil and let them bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let them sit for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a junior in high school who just recently started cooking after years of only hardly knowing how to boil water. =P I have found over the past few months that I LOVE to cook, more than I could have ever imagined--even if what I cook doesn't always turn out right. First and foremost, however, I'm an artist. I also enjoy photography and martial arts (I'm a black belt in karate, but I study mixed martial arts). I currently have a part time job doing various things (mainly proofreading as well as a small amount of graphics) for a site known as Noble Sciences. I'm very eccentric and often prefer the company of those older than me to the company of those my age. I value maturity, though I can often be very child-like when around the right people. Overall, however, I'm a pretty easy-going person who generally loves life. :)