photo by Julie S.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 16mins
- 16 ounces broccoli
- 16 ounces cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles (cooked without adding salt or oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, coarsely shredded (about 3)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar healthy choice spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese or 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- Combine frozen vegetables with garlic and microwave 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain Coat a non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- Place over medium heat and sauté mushrooms, zucchini and onion about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots; cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir in cottage cheese, egg substitute, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in a single layer in 13x9 inch pan.
- Top with 1/3 of the vegetables, 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layers, cover with foil and bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!