Vegetable Beef Soup - Slow Cooker
A hot soup for those chilly nights. A loaf of crusty bread to dunk in your bowl - oh yeah! This is winter comfort food at this house - especially after a day at the ski hill. Sometimes I will throw some barley in for a change. Try it - I think you'll like it.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into 1/2 ",cubes (I prefer the premium stew meat)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Add vegetables, cover and cook for 2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I pretty much followed the recipe and it was good! I used a larger can of tomatoes because I needed a bit more volume as my slow cooker is 7 quarts and requires you to fill to a certain line. For that reason, it needed a bit more salt. Some Chalula hot sauce made it liven up a bit too. I could eat veggie soup every day and the baby in my belly seems to enjoy it as well. Thanks!Reply