Vegan Veggie Burgers
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water or 2 cups broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch asparagus, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Bring water/broth to a boil then add rice.
- Clean Veggies and chop (I used my food processor. Easier for me!).
- Sautee veggies in oil (I used grapeseed oil) until slightly crispy.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- When rice has absorbed the water add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. May need more salt depending on your taste.
- Grease a cookie sheet. (again I used grapeseed oil).
- Shape into patties.
- Bake for about 30min if you like them crispy and ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!