Vegan Scotch Eggs
photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 80 g mashed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 210 g white rice
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml water
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 (425 g) can red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 80 g flour, gluten-free
- Boil potatoes until fork tender.
- Mash potatoes with curry powder in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Combine rice, water, and coconut milk in a pot. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine flaxmeal and water in a small bowl and leave to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Process red kidney beans, cumin powder, flaxmeal mixture, salt, and pepper into a paste in the food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl together with the chopped cilantro and GF flour. Mix into a dough.
- Form the scotch eggs. Roll cooked coconut rice into balls, making an indentation in the middle. Fill the dent with a scoop of the curry mashed potatoes and seal with more rice. Enclose the rice balls with a layer of the bean mixture.
- Sear in a lightly oiled skillet and bake in at 180C/360F for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!