VEGAN GOLDEN CURRY
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion (coarsely diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons spicy curry powder (I used muchi curry)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth or 3 cups vegetable bouillon
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 large carrots (quartered and sliced)
- 1 parsnip (chopped, or another carrot)
- 15 ounces jackfruit (or combination) or 15 ounces cooked chickpeas (or combination)
- 1 large bell pepper (julienned, or 150 grams frozen julienned bell peppers for added color)
- 1 medium summer squash, diced (such as zucchini ~3 cups)
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, sauté onion in oil until translucent.
- Then stir in garlic, curry powder, turmeric, white pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
- Next, gradually add flour mixing thoroughly into a pasty consistency.
- Slowly pour in broth, thoroughly diluting the flour mixture. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add potatoes, carrot, jackfruit, bell pepper, and summer squash.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!