- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (medium diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (or port, water or veg broth)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup French lentils (rinsed I used puy lentils)
- 1 cup carrot (peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs potatoes (3 medium potatoes peeleed and cut into 3/4 inch chunks)
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (chunks not granules)
- 1 cup lima beans (drained)
- 15 ounces kidney beans (drained)
- Preheat a large soup pot over a medium heat, sauté onions in oil until translucent add garlic, tarragon and caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Sauté until garlic is fragrant.
- Deglaze pot with red wine; add bay leaves lentils, carrots, potatoes, tomato sauce, water and TVP chunks. Mix together. Cover and simmer for about 30 mins until the potatoes and carrot are tender. Add the lima and kidney beans and cook until heated through. Yum yum yum.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
im a community trainer specializing in food and allergies, vegan mum to 2 veggie squidges, theres loads more so see my site :)