- Ready In:
- 2 (27 ounce) cans Veg-All, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans water chestnuts, coarsly chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder (to your taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt (to your taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 sticks Ritz crackers (I use the wheat ones)
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup butter, melted
- Mix the canned vegetables, water chestnuts and chopped green chilies in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, stir the soup, Cheez-Whiz ( that has been heated in the microwave in the jar), sour cream, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the butter.
- Blend well.
- Add onion powder, celery salt, salt and pepper to your taste.
- Combine the vegetables and soup mixture.
- Pour into a large greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine crumbled Ritz crackers and remaining melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of the casserole, followed by the remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in deep East Texas, transplanted from West Texas. That was quite a change for me. I love to cook and read recipes, although I don't seem to cook as much as I used to. I am retired now and spend time in my flowerbeds, but it's so hot right now. I'm new to posting recipes on this site and love to check out all the wonderful recipes. I always come to this website when I need a recipe for some event or occasion and as a rule, find something new.