Great recipe without all that oil. I wrote the recipe as written but I always add some kind of meat - usually ham or chicken.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans oriental broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray on medium heat for 1 minute. Add eggs and cook 3-4 mins or until set, stirring often. Remove from pan; coarsely chop the eggs and set aside. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat, add rice. Cook 3-4 mins or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, garlic powder and carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 15 minutes Add scallions and peas. Cook 5 mins more or until rice is done and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in reserved eggs and heat 1 min or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is sooooooo good! The rice is sticky and the fresh veggies add great crunch and flavour. Loved it! The addition of the egg was a nice touch, but next time Im going to season it a bit as I found it a little bland just as is.<br/>Since I didnt have any oriental broth, I just added some garam masala and other oriental spices to make up for it and the result was very tasty.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this healthy keeper with us, Ceezie!<br/>Made and reviewed for Everyday is a holiday Tag Game May 2011.Reply