A childhood neighbor's mom used to make these for us. You can use any kind of meat and cheese - even dressing for that matter. I have made ham and chedder and salami and mozzeralla but pepperoni and american is the "tradition".
- Ready In:
- 10 slices pepperoni, diced
- 2 slices American cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian dressing
- 1 package crescent roll
- Mix pepperoni, cheese and Italian dressing in small bowl.
- Unroll crescent rolls and seperate into 2 rectangles- pinch perforations together so they won't seperate.
- Spoon 1/2 of pepperoni mixture onto each rectangle.
- Starting at short side roll dough jellyroll style.
- Slice rolls into about 1/2 inch slices.
- Place flat on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until just browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm not going to give it stars. Here's the deal: as written, it's a bit hard to follow. There is no amount given for the pepperoni (slices? What size?) so I used 1/2 c. of finely chopped pepperoni, and that seemed to be enough. The other flaw in the recipe is step 2 - when it says to separate the crescent rolls into 2 rectangles, they should actually be separated into 4 rectangles. This would make the execution of the recipe much easier. I did as the recipe states (2 rectangles) and had a heck of a time trying to roll them. But this is a great recipe for savory, spicy little eats! I did not have Italian dressing, so I used a thin veneer of honey mustard. For the cheese, I used a good sprinkling (about 3/4 c. shredded) mozzarella and provolone mixture. Also, for "1 package" crescent rolls, that means one 8 ounce can. Hope my trial and error with this recipe will entice others to make these, because they're delicious!Reply