Ultimate Makeover - Toad in the Hole - Low Fat
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a fantastic, low fat, even tastier version of the family favourite that is Toad in the hole. Serve with steamed cabbage and carrots.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges, layers separated
- 8 thick low-fat pork sausages
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 300 ml skim milk
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6/fan oven 180°C
- Tip the onions into a small shallow non-stick tin (about 23x30cm/ 9x12in). Arrange the sausages on top of the onions, then add the oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, drop the egg in to the centre and beat in the milk a little at a time until it makes a smooth batter. Stir in the mustard and thyme and season.
- Pour the batter quickly into the tin and return to the oven for 40 minutes until the batter is risen and golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION