Toad in the Hole - Traditional
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 pint milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 -8 sausages
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add beaten egg, along with some of the milk; beat for a minute or two.
- Add remaining milk.
- Place the batter mixture into the refrigerator for an hour or so to get really cold.
- Preheat oven 420 degrees Fahrenheit (210 degrees Celsius).
- Use a medium roasting dish and place oil in the pan.
- Heat in the oven until the oil is really hot; if you flick a spot or two of water in the oil and it really sizzles then it is hot enough.
- Quickly pour in all the batter and add the sausages, spaced a bit apart.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes .
- Lovely served with fresh vegetables of your choice and a gravy. I often freeze gravy to use with this type of dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"We now reside back in England after returning from Australia after most of our working life there. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in many countries when I was younger and therefore many of my recipes reflect this! Love to cook. love to travel too"
Join The Conversation