Tuscan Chicken With Spinach and Beans
photo by Man with a Pan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (legs and thighs work best)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon in dutch oven until crisp; remove from pan; retain drippings in pan.
- Cook chicken pieces in drippings, 2 minutes each side until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; cook 5 minutes until onions are softened.
- Stir in bacon, spinach, rosemary, tomatoes, and beans; remove from heat.
- Arrange chicken on top of spinach mixture; bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- To serve, spoon spinach mixture onto a plate; top with chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!