- Ready In:
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup manzanilla olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Heat canola oil over medium heat in large skillet.
- Add ground turkey, breaking up into small pieces as it browns.
- Drain fat and then add onion through salt.
- Cook stirring often about 3-5 minutes.
- Add olives, raisins and capers and simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in peas.
- Cook for one more minute until peas are heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although hardly your traditional southern girl, I come from a huge southern family and have been cooking since I was eight years old. Cooking is more then a hobby, I genuinely get so much pleasure from cooking and providing the people I love with great food. I have to attest, that it truly IS the way to a man's heart! In my opinion, there is nothing more admirable to hold then the truest essence of a homemaker, or as the term is coined today "household engineer"! I am a licensed real estate agent working full-time from home and a soccer mom to my 9 year old son. I am a busy bee but somehow find time to indulge in some of my many passions: dancing, photography, sewing and interior design. Finding that perfect balance is what I strive to do everyday and so far so good. Happy Cooking<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"><img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">