Tropical fruit salad with banana cream
- Ready In:
- 1 mango
- 1 papaya
- 1 small pineapple (extra-sweet)
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 2 small bananas
- 1 (7 ounce) container fromage frais with added cream
- 4 teaspoons dark muscovado sugar
- Cut a thick slice off each side of the mango to reveal the large, flat stone.
- Cut the flesh away from the stone, peel the fruit, then cut into slices.
- Halve the papaya, scoop out the black seeds, peel away the skin then slice the fruit.
- Cut the top and skin away from the pineapple.
- Cut it into quarters then core and slice it.
- Mix the fruits with the juice of the oranges, then chill until ready to serve.
- Mash the bananas and stir them into the fromage frais.
- spoon the fruits into bowls and top with the fromage frais and a sprinkling of the muscavado sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Basically a tropical fruit salad with cream cheese. However, by putting the bananas through the cream sauce instead of through the salad, you get something unexpected and very, very good. The only thing that kept this from four stars is the lack of balance in the fruits: there is just way too much pineapple. Half a pineapple is probably a better quantity.