Tropical Chicken Pizza
photo by The Real Yeff The C
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
8 Extra Large Slices
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1⁄8 cup cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 340 g kraft shredded mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese
- 1 small roasted whole chicken
- 1⁄4 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 75 g crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 280 ml warm water
- 15 ml fast rising yeast
- 5 ml coconut sugar crystals
- 5 ml sea salt
- 22 1⁄2 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole grain wheat flour
- STEP ONE : PREPARING THE DOUGH.
- Pour warm water into mixing bowl and add yeast. Stir to completely dissolve the yeast. Wait five minutes for yeast to activate.
- Add coconut sugar crystals and sea salt to the bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Add flour (I use Whole Grain Robin Hood Best For Bread) to bowl and fold until well combined, adding olive oil during the process to assist in folding.
- Remove dough from bowl and place onto a floured counter top. With floured hands, knead the dough and fold it under from top to bottom in a rolling motion with your hands to form a round ball.
- Grease a non-metal bowl with olive oil, place round dough in and cover bowl, placing it aside to rise.
- STEP TWO : PREPARING THE ALFREDO SAUCE.
- In a saucepan combine butter, whipping cream, and cream cheese. (Sauce can be thickened with additional cream cheese).
- Simmer until all is melted and mixed well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Rapidly cool the sauce to thicken prior to spreading over the dough in a later step.
- STEP THREE : PREPARING THE TOPPINGS.
- Remove the skin and de-bone the meat from the roasted chicken. I use one of the ready-to-go chickens at the supermarket. Cut up into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add cayenne pepper sauce to the chicken (I use Frank's RedHot) in an amount to desired taste and marinate.
- Cut and core the fresh whole pineapple into bite sized chunks and put aside in a bowl.
- STEP FOUR : ASSEMBLING THE PIZZA.
- Pre-heat the oven for 450 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 14" deep-dish pizza pan with olive oil and place the dough top side down in the centre of the pan. Dough should have nearly doubled in size during the rising period of 30 - 60 minutes.
- Push dough out to the edges of the pan using your fingers starting in the centre and working out toward the outside of the pan, rotating the pan as you go to work it to the edges.
- Spread Alfredo Sauce over the dough in the amount that you would like. There will be a fair amount of sauce left over for most people.
- Spread entire package of Kraft Pizza Mozzarella - Cheddar Shredded Cheese over the Alfredo Sauce.
- Place desired amount of marinated chicken, entire package of crumbled bacon, and desired amount of fresh pineapple chunks over the top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle desired amount of parmesan cheese over top of the chicken, bacon, and pineapple.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes, adjusting for oven style / age.
- Broil on top rack for short period after baking to brown up the top, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!