Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg, cold from fridge
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels or 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Melt the 4 oz of chocolate.
- Measure the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and two sugars in another bowl.
- I use my freestanding mixer, itself a source of comfort for me.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup sized mounds--an ice cream scoop and a palette knife are the best tools for the job--and place on a lined baking sheet about 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Do not flatten them.
- Bake for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure they come out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter.
- If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.