photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 30 cheese tortellini, prepared according to package directions
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
- 10 medium-length wooden skewers
- Combine tortellini with pesto sauce and mix well.
- Cut each tomato into 4 strips.
- Place one tortellini onto a skewer, followed by a piece of sundried tomato. (I found it most effective to hook each piece of sundried tomato to the skewer twice).
- Add another tortellini and tomato piece, ending with a third tortellini.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Made as a prize for the *Best of 2008* cookbook game, this is a dandy & ingredient-friendly little appy ~ perfect for short-notice guests. I was a bit size-challenged since cheese tortellini are sml here & skewers lrg, so I cut my wood skewers w/a wire cutter & expanded the recipe as your intro allowed. I added black olives & also see tightly rolled thin slices of pepperoni or salami as excellent adds. This is fun & easy to make. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)
Thanks Starrynews for posting. My addition was salami to appeal to the meat lovers too and make the skewers heartier. (Thanks for the idea twissis!) I used half bamboo size skewers and threaded with tortellini, salami, sun dried tomato, another tortellini, additional salami piece and one more sundried tomato. I laid them down on a bed fresh rinsed and dried basil leaves. They were beautiful to look at and tasty to eat. They were made for my husband's office party potluck. The pesto mixture on the cheese tortellini made it even more tasty. Quick to make and easy to put together. Definitely a great potluck, game day or appetizer food. Enjoy! ChefDLH
see 6 more reviews