Torrejas De Espinaca (Peruvian Vegetable Fritters)
These traditional bocaditos (snacks) were a family favorite at my grandparents' house; even the children (ie. me) loved them and ate them in lieu of potato chips in front of the TV!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups spinach leaves, trimmed
- 2 green onions
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash spinach leaves well, then chop into 1cm pieces. Place in bowl.
- Julienne green onions, add to bowl.
- Scramble eggs with a little milk and rest of ingredients.
- Mix egg mixture into vegetables and let sit 5 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoons into hot oil. When edges are lightly browned, turn over.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was such a good breakfast food! I cooked it for my girlfriend and she said she's gonna start asking for this really often. I substituted the green onions for a sweet onion, which was awesome, but both types must taste delicious! I also cooked some of them over maragrine to see the difference and they're just as delicious, just lacking that distinct fluffiness.Reply