Tony Chachere's Basic Red Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- tony chachere's original creole seasoning
- 1 quart water
- 1. Melt margarine in heavy saucepan. Add tomato sauce and sugar and cook 5 minutes. Add all other ingredients plus water. Also add 2 cups of Tony Chachere's Basic Vegetable Mixture. Simmer for 2 hours over low heat until thick. Add more water if needed and season to taste.
- 2. For Italian dishes, add herbs and cheese.
- 3. For fish dishes, add mushrooms, shrimp, or crab meat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!