Easy Hot Dogs and Potatoes
My girlfriends mom made this for me once and I've since mastered the recipe. I use Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning for these and any hot dogs work fine. Yukon Gold or Red Skin Potatoes taste great with this recipe.
- Ready In:
- Rinse potatoes and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Cube potatoes and place into skillet with olive oil.
- Sprinkle desired amount of Creole seasoning over potatoes.
- Cook potatoes until light brown.
- Add diced hotdogs and onions to skillet.
- Remove from stove when potatoes are at desired crispiness (10-15 minutes total cook time usually).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very easy to make and tasty! I made it even easier by using frozen sliced potatoes! Didn't have Creole seasoning, used several other herbs and spices but no salt. Even my very picky daughter ate it! Thanks for a quick and easy weeknight dinner using stuff most of us already have on hand! We added hot sauce at the table and shredded cheddar too.Reply
I have been preparing a similar dish (with more frankfurters, no Creole seasoning and without nuking the potatoes 1st) for over 35 years. "My way" is delicious, but I'm going to try it "your way," as it would be faster, and the Creole seasoning could only make it better. Thanks for reminding me of an old favorite.Reply
see 1 more