Tomatoe Vegitable Juice
- Ready In:
- Wash quart jars in dish washer and then put into a 200 degree oven to sterilize. Put lids in a small pot of water, bring to a boil and shut off to sterilize.
- Wash tomatoes and cut out any bad areas.
- Run through a Squeezo, it removes the skins and seeds and leaves you with just the juice. The Squeezo is so fast and easy! We love our Squeezo.
- Simmer in a large stainless steel pot until nice and thick. Time depends on the type of tomatoes you use. It does thicken a little when cool. Wash your peppers and peal the onion while this simmers.
- When juice is a good consistency cut the peppers and onions in quarter chunks and put in your blender with a small amount of the tomatoe juice for liquid. Blend until all is juice. For 7 quart jars I use 1 huge pepper and onion or 2 medium peppers and 2 medium onions.
- Pour pepper and onion juice back into your pot of tomatoe juice and bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into the hot jars leaving a 1/2 inch head space, with 1 teaspoon of canning salt per quart and pressure cook according directions. (If using a water bath canning method add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice per quart to balance ph).
- Kids will never now you have green peppers and onions in with the tomatoes. We use it in cassaroles, chilie, any recipe calling for tomatoes. It makes fantastic virgin or regular Bloody Marys as well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!