photo by ColoradoCooking
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 4 Heath candy bars, crushed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 10 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Heath candy bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans.
- To make cake, beat together cake mix, coffee and egg whites on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Fold in chopped candy bars.
- Pour batter into pans and bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool on wire racks.
- When cool, split into 4 layers.
- For frosting: In a chilled bowl beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add whipped cream, syrup and coffee.
- Whip until thick and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Spread frosting over each layer.
- Top with crushed Heath bar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUM-A-LISHOUS! Followed this almost to a T, however I used 8 oz. cream cheese (the light version)and put it together like a trifle. The top I garnished with chocolate shavings. Wonderful flavor. Oh and I also used 2 T espresso powder w/ water for the coffee. Can't wait for another occasion to make this again. TY
I already had this recipe, and I make it all the time. My brother-in-law told me to make it every time we get together! Instead of whipping cream, I use cool whip, and it comes out great! I also use light cream cheese. It makes more frosting than I need, so I just throw the extra away. The cake does get a bit crumbly, but it all tastes the same! Yummy!