Three Tomato Soup
photo by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 leek, white and green parts only, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- fresh thyme, 2 sprigs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onions, celery and leek. Saute' until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, sun-dried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove thyme stems; discard.
- Puree' soup in batches in a blender or use an immersion blender on low speed until desire texture is achieved.
- Return to pan and stir in milk, vinegar and pepper.
- Cook until heated through, about 6-10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi there! Originally CHICAGOLAND CHEF DU JOUR, I like to think of myself as a fantastic home cook with a flair for the gourmet. I have gotten & shared many recipes since I became a member in 2007. Although I have not been active in a few years, I still return to look for recipes from some of my fave chefs. Thanks to all you have helped me over the years and thanks a bunch to any and all reviews.