photo by Chef Roly-Poly
- Ready In:
7 1/2 pint jars
- 3⁄4 lb jalapeno pepper
- 3⁄4 lb hot banana pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cayenne chile
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 3⁄4 ounces fruit pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- Sterilize jars per manufacturers instructions.
- Wash peppers and remove stems. Chop peppers in batches in your food-processor with equal parts of the vinegar. Process until chopped very fine.
- and place in a large bowl with a tight fitting lid. When all pepper are chopped and vinegar has ben used up, add the apple juice,stir and cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- To make jelly: Strain juice through a jelly-bag or several layers of cheesecloth. Measure out exactly 4 cups of juice. If needed, add enough apple juice to make 4 cups.
- Place juice, salt and surejel in a large non reactive pan and bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down (stirring constantly). Add sugar and bring to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Stirring constantly, boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Pour into hot sterilized jars, adjust caps and process for 10 minutes in a water bath canner.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a 60 year old man living in south Arkansas with my wonderful wife. we've been married almost 35 years and we both love to cook. I became disabled and confined to a power chair in 1990 so I have a lot of time to try new recipes. In our church I'm famous for my melt in your mouth briskets. But nobody grills a porterhouse steak like my sweetie. We are looking for new recipes all the time. When I found RecipeZaar I new I had hit the jackpot. Our favorite restaurant is an all you can eat place called The Old Feed House; <br />Catfish, froglegs,ribs, etc with all the trimmings. Standing room only at times.</p>