Three Bean Casserole
photo by VeggiesByCandlelight
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage or 3/4 lb homemade sausage
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Little Smokies sausage
- 2 stalks celery, sliced or 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium onions, chopped or 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (21 ounce) cans baked beans (any variety)
- 15 ounces butter beans, drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups ketchup
- 4 tablespoons ground mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄16 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a 10 inch skillet, add the sausage, ground beef, celery, onion, and garlic and cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a a 3½ - 6 quart slow cooker, combine the meat mixture and remaining ingredients. Cover & cook on low heat setting 5-6 hours.
- Turn off the slow-cooker, let it's contents cool, and transfer to the refrigerator (the flavors really meld over-night).
- The next day cook in the slow-cooker, on low heat setting, another 2 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>A few years ago I decided to live a healthier lifestyle .. My blog is a reflection .. not only of what it took to get where I am today .. but the day-to-day recipes that help me maintain.</p>