Hamburger and Three Bean Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 lb bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, dry,flaked
- 2 (16 ounce) cans lima beans, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans, with liquid
- Brown bacon, hamburger and onions, and drain off excess fat.
- Combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, dry mustard and garlic flakes; add to meat mixture and mix well.
- Place in a buttered 6 quart baking container, and bake 1 hour at 350*F.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wasn't as impressed with this recipe as the other two reviews were- this didn't seem to be so much a casserole as it was a thick, sweet-tasting chili. We had to serve it in bowls with spoons. The kids (seven of them) ate it all, though, so I won't say it was bad, I just don't think it is a keeper.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I was born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Have lived from Arkansas to Memphis to Maine to Minnesota to Texas to CA and now Illinois since I have been married. I have 4 children (3 grown daughters and 1 grown son) and 11 grandsons. The oldest turned 12 in Aug.'14 and the youngest was born Oct. 5, 2014. I taught elementary school (both public and private) for 16 years, then worked for 6 years as a principal for a private Christian school. I am now a Dyslexia Testing Specialist and Tutor in private practice and I love my work. The cookbook I have used most during my 37 years of marriage is the Better Homes and Garden New Cook Book (red and white checkered.) I still get it out frequently and several of its recipes have become regulars in my house.</p>