The Lady and Sons Pecan Chicken ( Paula Deen )
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a 10 x 15-inch baking pan.
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk and egg.
- In another dish combine flour, pecans, salt, paprika, pepper, and sesame seeds.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk, then in flour.
- Place skin side down in melted butter.
- Turn to coat and leave skin side up.
- Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I thought this "crust" was great, but had trouble getting it to "stick" to the chicken..I may dust in a little plain flour next time before putting in the egg mixture. I used Boneless Skinless chicken thighs a breasts, kept the meat moist and tender....A great idea for a special dinner. Use the blender to whizz your pecans or they dont really get fine enough, IMHO.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!