The Best Mini Mock Shoo Fly Pies
photo by Velouria L.
- Ready In:
24 mini muffins
- In a medium size bowl combine 3 oz of cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 cup of flour.
- Beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- Use a mini muffin pan (only the mini will work, regular muffin pan size is too big) and scoop about a tablespoon of dough into each muffin cup.
- Using your fingers work dough into the cup shape (all the way up the sides about an 1/8 in thick, and about a 1/4 inch thick on the bottom.).
- Continue until all the cups are made.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan cook 1 Tsp of butter until lightly browned.
- In another medium bowl mix 1 egg, 1 cup dark brown sugar packed, 1 Tsp of browned butter, a pinch of salt, and 1 Tsp Vanilla.
- Blend well until a smooth dark brown runny mixture forms.
- Spoon the brown filling into each muffin cup about 1/2 to 3/4's full.
- Repeat until all cups are filled.
- Bake at 350 for approx 8-11 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. The edge of the crust on the top of sides should be light brown. The brown filling will crust on top, and be runny in the middle.
- Optional: An additonal garnish is to place a pecan half on top of brown filling before baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are absolutely to die for ! Reminds me of family reunions I attended as a young girl, where all the southern ladies would show up with their best desserts. These are so good - I will definitely make these again - they are something special and bring back great memories. Thanks for posting - made for spring PAC 2012.
These little pies are simply gooey deliciousness! They are relatively easy to make, though it's true that working the dough in the mini muffin tin takes a little extra time. I took these to a mom's group gathering and received a lot of compliments. They did not last long. I managed to snap a photo of the last few before my husband and daughter ate them up. I will definitely be making these again soon. Thanks for the recipe! Made for 2010 PAC.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 23 years old and have had quite a few cooking lessons from my mom. We were always a meat and potato kind of family. We would sit down together for family meals in the evening when my dad would get home from work. Then I married my Cambodian husband and have been forced to try foods outside of my comfort zone. I try to follow in my parents foot steps and have a family meal together most nights. We like to try a variety of different kinds of food from american, french, asian, mexican, etc. I am a stay at home mom, so I look forward to trying new dishes, and reading through the recipes for new ideas. I have had quite a few new recipes added into my regular rotation because of the wonderful recipes on this site. Also my little chef, (3 year old daughter) enjoys helping so we get to spend quality time preparing the dishes. I use recipezaar on a regular basis and am always on the lookout for new recipes!