The BEST Meatloaf Ever
photo by Dantana
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, grated in a cheese grater
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 slices thin bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then parchment paper.
- Heat oil over medium in a small skillet. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and cayenne to a boil in a small saucepan, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons ketchup mixture to a blender; add broth and parsley and blend until smooth. Set remaining ketchup mixture aside.
- Add broth mixture, eggs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper to onion and garlic; mix to combine.
- Add beef and mix well with your hands to combine.
- Transfer meatloaf mixture to prepared pan and form into a long log (about 12"x5"), smoothing surface.
- Spread reserved ketchup mixture over top and drape bacon in a crisscross pattern over loaf, tucking underneath.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165° and bacon is crisp, 70–80 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook! But I don't do the weekday cooking, that is done by my awesome wife. I cook on the weekends and especially on our 'cheat day'- meaning every Sunday as we adapt to this low carb life. We have been doing this for a while and we really love to get those heart-stopping, brain-freezing receipes that low carbers crave throught the week. </p> <p>Since the start of the year, I've lost 25 pounds and I'm hoping to lose more, but along the way I want to learn how to cheat really, REALLY good. Most of my cheat receipies come from here!</p>