Thai Wonton Tacos
photo by Cookie Lane
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb pork or 1 lb chicken, cubed into 1/4-1/8-inch squares
- 30 -40 wonton wrappers (I use Nasoya brand)
- 1 cup frying oil
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- FOR SLAW.
- Add all vegetable ingredients together, toss with rice vinegar and salt, cover and set aside.
- FOR SAUCE.
- Heat up olive oil in frying pan.
- Lightly toast sesame seeds.
- Combine all ingredients in pan, bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer.
- FOR MEAT.
- Cook cubed chicken or pork until almost done.
- Add simmering sauce to meat. Cook through.
- FOR WONTONS.
- Heat oil to frying temperature.
- Fry wontons in a "taco" shape (I find this is most easily done by letting the wontons cook for a second or two, then folding them in half. Make sure you leave enough space to put the meat filling in the taco and not seal them shut).
- Assemble wontons by adding meat filling in center. Sprinkle with slaw that has been set aside.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!