- Ready In:
1 9inch pie
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (or hot sauce to taste)
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- Combine cooked brown rice (may be done ahead and refrigerated), 1 cup of the mozzarella, 1/4 cup peanut butter and egg in a large bowl.
- Press firmly into a 10-inch pie plate or a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400ºF.
- for 8 minutes.
- Mix remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter, hot water, cilantro, soy sauce, 2 Tbsps.
- sesame oil, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Stir-fry broccoli, red onion, carrots and ginger in remaining 1 tablespoons.
- sesame oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until tender crisp (add ginger last to keep from burning).
- If shredded carrots are being used instead of julienned, add the carrots with the ginger.
- Spread the peanut sauce over prebaked rice crust; top with broccoli mixture and scatter crisp bean sprouts evenly; top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Bake at 400ºF.
- for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Be careful reading the directions #5 going into #6. I expected spicier! If I make agian I would use the product Thai Kitchen Red curry paste! It`s really good! Loved the brown rice. It did need to be baked longer, wasn`t hot enough. And I would have blanched the sprout before adding to the pie! I also would have added fresh squeezed lime to the vegies just before putting into rice crust!