Thai Beef and Rice Salad With Mint
- Ready In:
- 250 g cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 240 g beef (rump steak)
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves (approx 1/2 a punnet)
- 1⁄2 bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 red chile, seeded and diced
- Heat oil in a frypan and cook beef over a medium high heat until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Mix all dressing ingedients together, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients. Slice the beef thinly and add to the salad along with the cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and experiment with food and flavours. This started whenI was on a very low calorie restricted diet for a little while and needed a way to jazz up the chicken and salad/vegetables I was allowed to eat for dinner. I discovered Recipezaar and some cooking magazines and now it's a passion. I am slowly amassing a nice library of cookbooks (in fact, I've promised my boyfriend I won't buy another one for six months because I've gone a little crazy), but my favourites would have to be by Nigella Lawson. I also like Bill Granger, Neil Perry and Giada Di Laurentiis. Celebrity chefs/cooks unite!! My non-celebrity chef favourites are a tired little copy of Easy Italian, The Mediterrasian Way and anything by Marcella Hazan.