- Ready In:
- 32 ounces frozen french fries (or use your favorite home made version)
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled, sliced thin & ringed
- 1 cup sliced pickled jalapeno peppers, canned (preferred) or 1 cup sliced fresh jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ground black pepper
- ranch dressing (optional)
- Bake or fry potatoes, whichever you prefer.
- Pour oil in a large skillet. Add onions & jalapenos & cook, stirring often, till onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- **We prefer the canned jalapenos because the vinegar seeps into the onions while cooking & flavors the whole dish. If using fresh peppers, you may need either more oil or a dash of vinegar.
- Spoon half the onion/pepper mixture onto a serving dish. Top with hot fries. Add remaining onion & peppers.
- Salt to taste but pepper liberally.
- To make it authentic, serve with ranch dressing for dipping rather than ketchup.
Join The Conversation
What a great recipe! We baked the fries and used diced canned jalapenos, although only about half of what the recipe called for. I couldn't resist sprinkling some shredded cheese on top and sticking back under the broiler for a minute. Delicious with homemade ranch dressing! Thank you for posting Susie. Made for ZaarStars tag, please see my rating system.